VEEP has provided hands-on/minds-on energy education experiences for teachers and students in grades K-12 throughout Vermont since 1979 and in New Hampshire through NHEEP since 2016. Our mission is to build a deep understanding of energy through education, encouraging choices that result in sustainability in our communities, economy and environment. Our programs use multiple learning pathways to engage students in problem-solving challenges to help them understand energy and the effects of its use on society and the environment.
Help keep us organized and help us tell the world about our work! VEEP’s Administration, Communication, & Kits Coordinator position is ideal for an organized, detail-oriented, technologically-savvy person looking for a job supporting a mission driven organization. We are looking for someone with a wide variety of skills and the willingness to jump in and get things done.
This person will support VEEP staff with a variety of administrative duties, especially managing databases, website editing, and assisting the Kit Manager with VEEP’s kit rental program. They might also manage communication and outreach tasks, support grant applications and reports, and help us strategically tell our story to the world. This person will work closely with VEEP staff on ongoing tasks such as:
- Managing Databases (Salesforce and Google Sheets) and data entry
- Tracking VEEP kit rentals and communicating with teachers
- Managing VEEP Website
- Checking equipment kits in after teachers use them and maintaining equipment
- Ordering supplies and equipment
- Providing logistical support for programs and events including invoicing
They might also do tasks such as:
- Writing press releases and coordinating with the press
- Writing web and e-newsletter content
- Supporting grant proposals and reporting and fundraising from individual donors
- Creating and editing videos
This position requires demonstrated abilities, experience, and skills in the following:
- Highly organized with strong attentive to detail
- Reliable and flexible and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Strong computer skills including Google Drive, website editing, and ideally with a customer relationship management (CRM) platform (such as Salesforce)
- Able to work well independently and with other VEEP staff
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of both Vermont and New Hampshire is desired.
Schedule and compensation
Work location: Montpelier, VT
This position is full-time (37.5 hours/week on average). Exact office hours are flexible.
Salary is $28,000-34,000. Benefits include 30 days Combined Time Off, Simple IRA with 2% contribution and disability insurance. Mileage and other job-related expenses are reimbursed. We cannot offer health benefits at this time.
Send résumé and cover letter to Cara Robechek, Executive Director at email@example.com. If we contact you for an interview, we will ask you to provide personal references at that point. We hope to hire this position quickly!