Jumping from Joy to Action: Empowering energy and climate changemakers through play, hope, and wonder.
The 2022 VEEP/NHEEP Summer Institute encourages teachers to use play, wonder, and hope as catalysts for inspiring students to make change, and to find joy in taking action. We will model empowering, interdisciplinary, student-driven instructional practices to connect students to energy and climate topics and to help them find meaningful and authentic ways to be part of evidence-based solutions in their communities.
Identify curricular pathways and work on standards-aligned unit plans that lead from joyful, hopeful and/or wondrous phenomena/engineering challenges to meaningful energy or climate action
Experience hands-on, minds-on lessons from the student perspective, and engage in play each day.
Access opportunities for further collaboration with VEEP/NHEEP for student workshops, PD, curriculum development, action projects, and more
Become part of our cohort of teachers dedicated both to serving students and moving towards sustainability in our communities, economy and environment
Dates and times
Credit and cost
- Course fee (includes instruction, materials, PD hours, lodging & meals) = $1000
- Course fee (without lodging) = $850
- Optional: 3 graduate credits from Castleton University = $600
- Optional: Upgrade to private room = $375*
- *If you have a private room, it is possible for family or guests to stay with you. You will need to make arrangements with Lake Morey Resort for additional fees for your guests: approximately $15 per adult or $10 per child per day, for lodging and breakfast.
We hope to make Summer Institute accessible to all educators interested in participating in the program. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the program cost.