Experience how high-leverage instructional practices benefit learners in the classroom and while learning from home. Join VEEP or NHEEP for a three session online professional learning workshop. Although virtual, this is an interactive-style workshop (as opposed to a webinar) and we will engage in small and large group discussions, make and share models of our understanding, and try investigations at home. We will focus on anchoring phenomena and instructional routines that support student sense-making, and will share curriculum ideas that work in the classroom, as well as home-learning lessons and strategies with a lens of project based learning. Teachers will get support from one another and the instructor with planning time for curriculum development.
Summer 2020 Workshop Options
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, August 10, 12, 14, from 8 to 10:30 AM
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, August 17, 19, 21, from 8 to 10:30 AM
- New Hampshire:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, August 10, 11, 12, from 8 to 10:30 AM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, August 17, 18, 19, from 8 to 10:30 AM
Note: These sessions are not stand alone, as we build on material from each going forward. Please plan to attend all three sessions.
- Cost: Free of charge for New Hampshire and Vermont teachers* thanks to our generous funders (see below).
- Credit: Professional Development Hours certificates will be sent out on completion.
- Questions: Cara Robechek, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already completed an in-person or virtual Toolkit Training, dive deeper with our advanced workshop - NGSS, Action, Application, and Personalization.
The free New Hampshire online PD workshops are made possible by NHSaves.
The free Vermont online PD workshops are made possible by Efficiency Vermont.
*Teachers from other states may take the workshop for a fee of $175.
Register for online PD